SCHIEDAM _ VETUS, the internationally operating Dutch marine products developer, manufacturer and trading company, has redesigned its M-Line of engines. The redesign effort has led to new features, a modern appearance and added benefits.
It has resulted in an innovative top cover to tame temperatures of as high as 70 C° that can adversely affect engine performance and installed equipment. VETUS has designed a water-cooled, aluminum cover on top of the cylinder head that absorbs radiant engine heat. This solution cuts heat by up to 15° C, or 20%
The sturdy, aluminum cover also reduces noise. When combined with the new air filter housing, tests show a sound reduction of about 5 dB(A) and ‘near-silent’ operation at a cruising speed of around 2200 rpm. Also new:
• More accessible service parts such as fuses and relays (A), fuel filter and fuel connections (B), impeller (C), dipstick (D), and oil filter (E) are all easily accessible.
• Improved wiring for easy connection, extra safety
• New air inlet filter housing attenuates the airflow, lowers the induction sound level (G)
• 26 improvements in heat exchanger, including construction materials and surface treatments
• Front mounted oil and fuel filters for more convenient servicing. (H)
• When higher charging output is required, all M4 engines are designed to accept a second alternator as an option.