AMSTERDAM – METSTRADE Connect, a virtual platform of networking and matchmaking possibilities, has opened for marine industry actors who want to attend the annual marine industry’s online version.
The platform has all sorts of information on the unusual 2020 edition of Amsterdam’s annual METSTRADE event. It features details of Dec. 10 online events along with product pitches, details of sponsors, speakers and the DAME Excellence in Adversity Award, a nod to the global COVID-19 crisis that made 2020 a bad for many marine industry operators.
METSTRADE’s Maritime Affairs Director Niels Klarenbeek says industry professionals worldwide are interested in meeting online and connect with new services and products.
“Many work from home and their call for networking solutions is greater than ever,” he says. METSTRADE Connect is a platform that users need to sign up for to enjoy networking and matchmaking possibilities.
The annual show – the world’s biggest marine industry event – is normally held in Amsterdam’s RAI center. Organizers say many exhibitors have already decided to take part in the 2021 METSTRADE, which will likely feature a mix of physical and virtual events.
METSTRADE Connect highlights:
- State of the Industry. ICOMIA provides a global perspective on the yacht building industry and on important developments and opportunities in different markets.
- DAME Award Ceremony has been converted into a one-time competition. The DAME R&D Excellence in Adversity Award celebrates equipment and accessory makers who will remain at the forefront of design during the pandemic.
- The TechTalks series follows 3 tracks: METSTRADE Track (provided by IBI), SYP Track (The Superyacht Report) and CMP Track (led by Simonetta Pegorari). Each track is available on request and includes a variety of panel discussions with suppliers, yacht builders and technical experts. METSTRADE Connect gives visitors the opportunity to make contact in live Q&A sessions.
- Sustainability Sessions. With ICOMIA’s support, Peter Franklin, METSTRADE’s sustainability partner, will lead panel discussions on such themes as ‘Ocean Biodiversity and Biofouling’ and progress at ‘End-of-Use Boats.’
- Product Pitches. The METSTRADE Connect platform offers space for product pitches by exhibitors.
- The Boat Builder Awards cover 5 categories: Exceptional Commercial Achievement in an Unprecedented Year; Community Support Initiative; Environmental Initiative; Rising Star for under-35 individuals and the Lifetime Achievement Award