* Feadship Director Henk de Vries delivers the keynote address at the show-opening Breakfast Briefing. He speaks about how the Dutch superyacht giant targets sustainability and ensures its future success.
* 3 Round Table sessions (Nov. 19 and 20) focus on ‘Fatigue behavior of composite vessels under slamming,’ ‘How to improve composite design’ and the latest ‘on the Recycling of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic boats.’ Hear professionals involved in research, design, production, marketing and service activities. Times: Nov. 19: 13.30-16.00 and Nov. 20: 10.30-12.30, Elicium Center (D202, Construction Material Pavilion). Registration half an hour prior to start.
* Dame awards will be presented during the official opening of the METSTRADE. The registration fee benefits 2 charities: Sailing4Handicaps, a foundation with a workshop on a catamaran to make artificial legs in developing countries and The Little Optimist and organization doing good work sick children in South Africa.
* ‘Circular Beauties’ at the annual MaterialDistrict presentation: 120 intelligent bio-based or recycled materials. Holland Lounge, next to the Construction Material Pavilion.
* Lectures and presentations on the I-nnovationLAB stage (Hall 6).
–Nov. 19 / 3.45 pm / Niels van Oostenbrugge of Fiberneering (on 3D printing made from fiber-reinforced plastic, resulting in lightweight, strong, durable products.
–Nov. 20 / 11.15 am + Nov. 21/ 1 pm: Material District Founder Els Zijlstra (On intelligent, biobased and recycled materials that are beautiful and luxurious.
—Nov. 21/10.45 / Greenboats Founder Friedrich Deimann (On replacing fossil raw materials with biobased/recycled materials.
* Boat builder Awards will be issued at a Nov. 19 gala dinner in the Maritime Museum. 10 awards, including a Lifetime Achievement Award. Room for 300 guests. Host: Ed Slack, editor in chief of IBI magazine.