VETUS started out in 1964 as a wholesaler. It has since transformed into a company that develops, makes and markets marine engines, generators and a vast array technical equipment for recreational craft and small commercial vessels.
Its printed 2017 products guide features no fewer than 3,700 products in 5 categories _ from marine engines to stern, fuel and gear systems. From power hydraulics, to onboard electricity, ventilation and steering gear. VETUS makes 70% of its products “partly or completely” in-house.
In its 2017 guide, VETUS pledges to continue its “pursuit of supplying the best solutions and products for our customers.”
In the 2nd half of 2016 alone, VETUS:
- introduced the next evolution of its D-Line engine range that meets the new RCD2013/53/EU emissions regulations
- extended its family of gas/water separators with a new member: the LGS9075!
- was nominated for a DAME DESIGN award for its VETUS ILT, a revolutionary tank connection system that saves on installation time and minimizes risk of leakage
- launched a retractable, quiet bow thruster that makes for easy, no-drag docking
- marketed a completely new range of marine diesel generator sets, and
- Added to its “Tapes” family with the TAPEGF50, a 5.4 mm electrical-grade fiberglass cloth for electrical insulation applications.